Wednesday, April 29, 2009

yesterday's project

While Sarah was at MDO yesterday, Cora and I went to buy our vegetable plants and seeds and came home and planted the garden. As a baby present for Sarah, I was given this great pillow thing that's made to lay your baby on outside - so Cora hung out on that in the shade while I planted.
carrots, bean seeds with the grate for them to climb, & cucumbers
tomatoes - 3 cherry & 3 big boy
the middle pot has pea seeds, & the other 2 pots have 2 red pepper plants each
herbs - chives, basil & thyme
spinach seeds


For the record, I am giving up on attempting to grow our vegetables inside from seed - I have horrible luck! Granted this year, I planted them shortly before Cora was born - so not the best timing! :) But it's so much easier to go to our local lawn and garden store and buy the little plants. I am trying beans, peas, & spinach from seed because they did not have plants. We did beans last year from seed and they worked. I've never tried spinach or peas. So we'll see!

Jon is planning on doing 1 more raised bed for us this year - so we'll plant squash and zucchini if he does.

No comments: