I was spending the afternoon at my parent's today - Sarah was napping and I was helping Mom with a rehearsal dinner project for Jamey's wedding. Sarah was waking up as a BIG storm was rolling in, so I was waiting at their house until it all passed.
Shortly before the storm hit, Mom made the comment, "I sure would like that pine tree to come down." We talked about how it was leaning away from the house and would fall perfectly into the yard, no where near the house (see where this is going???)
The wind was crazy - blowing harder than I think I've seen before. Dad and I were looking out the window saying, "Hmm, that tree is going to fall" - and still looking like it'd just fall perfectly into the yard. Then all of a sudden the wind changed directions and the tree fell right at the house! - right towards the corner of the house where Sarah was still napping. Wow scared me! I ran back and grabbed her out of the crib so fast. The incredible things is that the tree missed the house by literally 12 inches or less. Thank you Lord! And Mom got her wish :) - and Dad got a big mess!!!
that window is the room Sarah was in
2 comments:
Oh my goodness- how scary! I'm SO glad Sarah is ok. That storm was intense - our neighbor had a big tree fall down right next to our fence. Glad you're all right!!
I'm glad everyone was ok! That must have been quite a scare! I'm sad that ice storms & thunderstorms have knocked down all the trees I used to climb up as a kid :(
Post a Comment