Today has been a day for the record books in terms of Sarah acting out as a 2-year old - giving amazing definition to the term "terrible twos." Which by the way, I hate that term! I never want to think of any time with my precious daughter as terrible. Let's just say today has been quite a day ...
At 6am we hear "Mama, Mama" - so Jon went in and told her it was still bed time. She was quiet until 7:30am. Nice!! Within seconds of me walking in her room, temper-tantrum #1 started. She literally cried, screamed, and thrashed on her floor until almost 9am. Nothing would calm her down. She then hit the "off" switch and we had a lovely breakfast together. I let her watch a video on our bed after breakfast because we were both exhausted from the tantrum. She FELL ASLEEP watching the video. This has NEVER happened - not even when she's sick! After that brief nap, I thought we'd be good to go. A bit later, as I was feeding Cora, Sarah walked into the living room totally naked and went "p-p" on the living room floor. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. I clean that up as Cora is screaming wondering why in the world her meal got so abruptly cut off and Sarah is having tantrum #2. She literally said to me that she just wanted to lay on her floor and cry. Ok. Go for it.
She hit the "off" switch at the mention of lunch, and we had a lovely lunch together, which included a brief visit from Papa (always a treat!). She asked for water after lunch, and apparently I brought the wrong sippy cup because it set off tantrum #3. TIME FOR A NAP. She's been sleeping for an hour and a half right now and wow am I hoping she wakes up happier!!!!
1 comment:
Any afternoon update?
Post a Comment