IT'S A GIRL!!! Yes, I was wrong (as were a lot of people's predictions!) - totally convinced I was having a boy - but no! Another beautiful, precious, little girl!!
Cora Elizabeth - born yesterday at 10:49am. 6 pounds, 11 ounces, 19.5 inches long. She's such a tiny thing! (Sarah weighed 8 pounds) We're calling her Cora. She's an absolutely angel!
Sarah was definitely nervous and taken back yesterday when she came to the hospital. I think the huge IV port in my arm scared her the most - she didn't even want to get near me. She was very apprehensive with Cora, but did warm up to her a bit. And Mom said last night and this morning she was talking about "Baby Cora" with great affection. We had a present for Sarah from Cora, which was a big hit - pots and pans and play food. Sarah LOVED it. Jon has actually been building her a little kitchen that we'll show her when we get home.
And here is sweet Cora. We are doing well. Cora is doing incredible - eating well and sleeping a ton. The c-section was a bit of an adventure - Cora was pretty stuck and they had a hard time getting her out. She was a bit bruised and I'm extra sore from it. Yet praise the Lord, she was fine once they got her out. I am very thankful for our wonderful doctor and how calm and collective she is!!
Cora is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Congratulations!!! From the very beginning I had a feeling you'd have another girl, but I didn't want to say anything, since most people were thinking it was a boy. :) I'm so, so, so thrilled that you finally get to hold your new little one and I can't wait to meet her in person! Glad Sarah's doing ok with it as well - she'll be a great big sister! Praying that the recovery goes quickly and the adjustment back home is good. Lots of love to all 4 of you (and Mattie & Isla too)!!
Yay! Great pictures, but I probably should have waited to read that part about the C-section AFTER friday morning!!! I'm sort of freaking out now! If our baby is as big as Trisha thinks she will be - then I have some cute preeme clothes and diapers for you!
She is so cute! I was glad to see Cora yesterday - love her name:) I just showed Anders your pics on the blog & he said "Wait! I know that doctor's name!" I am looking for Tricia in the picture but can't find her. He was looking at Jon holding Cora:))) Congrats!
Congrats Debbie, Jon and Sarah ! How precious anad beautiful little Cora is. We know that Big Sister Sarah can't wait to hold her and love her tons ! I also was convinced that Owen was a girl, I just knew it , how wrong I was ! We can't wait to meet Cora and give ya'll a big hug !
Congrats Debby!! She is gorgeous! Love the dark hair :) SO glad she and Sarah are already "buddies". Loved the story of Cora eating you, from Sarah's perspective...ha, ha!! Was she a March 31st baby? I'd be so proud. I turned 29 then :)
Take these shoes Click clacking down some dead end street Take these shoes And make them fit Take this shirt Polyester white trash made in nowhere Take this shirt And make it clean, clean Take this soul Stranded in some skin and bones Take this soul And make it sing
Yahweh, Yahweh Always pain before a child is born Yahweh, Yahweh Still I’m waiting for the dawn
Take these hands Teach them what to carry Take these hands Don’t make a fist Take this mouth So quick to criticise Take this mouth Give it a kiss
Yahweh, Yahweh Always pain before a child is born Yahewh, Yahweh Still I’m waiting for the dawn
Still waiting for the dawn, the sun is coming up The sun is coming up on the ocean This love is like a drop in the ocean This love is like a drop in the ocean
Yahweh, Yahweh Always pain before a child is born Yahweh, tell me now Why the dark before the dawn? Take this city A city should be shining on a hill
Take this city If it be your will What no man can own, no man can take Take this heart Take this heart Take this heart And make it break
11 comments:
Congrats!!!! She is beautiful! :) So glad you all are well. I voted boy too. :)
Cora is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Congratulations!!! From the very beginning I had a feeling you'd have another girl, but I didn't want to say anything, since most people were thinking it was a boy. :) I'm so, so, so thrilled that you finally get to hold your new little one and I can't wait to meet her in person! Glad Sarah's doing ok with it as well - she'll be a great big sister! Praying that the recovery goes quickly and the adjustment back home is good. Lots of love to all 4 of you (and Mattie & Isla too)!!
Congrats Debby & Jon! I'm so excited to have another niece. I guessed girl all along :)
congrats!!!! she is just precious and you look great!
Yay!!! So excited to ready this tonight. Cora is beautiful! Can't wait to meet her.
Jenny (for all the Osbornes)
Congratulations Cora. Welcome to the family. Congratulations to Mom, Dad, and big sister as well. Hope to meet her soon.
Yay! Great pictures, but I probably should have waited to read that part about the C-section AFTER friday morning!!! I'm sort of freaking out now! If our baby is as big as Trisha thinks she will be - then I have some cute preeme clothes and diapers for you!
She is so cute! I was glad to see Cora yesterday - love her name:)
I just showed Anders your pics on the blog & he said "Wait! I know that doctor's name!" I am looking for Tricia in the picture but can't find her. He was looking at Jon holding Cora:)))
Congrats!
Oh No!!!
I just signed on through Andrew N - sorry
I am on my computer but it was logged in for him.
Anyway, the last comment was from me - Cathy H:)
Maclellans
Congrats Debbie, Jon and Sarah !
How precious anad beautiful little Cora is. We know that Big Sister Sarah can't wait to hold her and love her tons ! I also was convinced that Owen was a girl, I just knew it , how wrong I was !
We can't wait to meet Cora and give ya'll a big hug !
Congrats Debby!! She is gorgeous! Love the dark hair :) SO glad she and Sarah are already "buddies". Loved the story of Cora eating you, from Sarah's perspective...ha, ha!! Was she a March 31st baby? I'd be so proud. I turned 29 then :)
Post a Comment