Monday will be here before we know it, so I wanted to go ahead and write this post. Everyone keeps asking me if Sarah is aware of the baby coming and how we think she'll react. We talk about "baby brother-sister" constantly - where the baby will sleep, baby's clothes, bouncy seat, car seat, etc. We talk about how Sarah will be the BIG SISTER. Yet she is only 2 ... I don't think she really gets that a baby is about to join our family. It'll definitely be an adjustment. 1 of the things I'm most nervous about is not being able to pick Sarah up right after the c-section. She'll see me holding the baby and wonder why in the WORLD I'm not picking her up. That's going to be hard for me, too. She does love to "help Mama" - so we've talked a lot about how she'll help Mama with the baby. I do think she'll be a very protective big sister, but I also think she may have a little mean streak in her! :) - after all, she's 50% me and 50% Jon so she has an extra strong dose of stubbornness and strong willed in her!!!! :)
All that to say, I am so excited to watch Sarah be a big sister and to welcome this little one into our family! I'm also constantly asked if I want a boy or a girl - how can you ever choose??? A girl would be so fun because I'd love for Sarah to have a sister. With my sister being 10 years older than me, we didn't grow up together. I love watching sisters grow up together and the fun they can have! Yet of course a boy would be so fun, too!!! And I have to say - in my mind, I am convinced we're having a boy. I have no logic to back it up; but I'll be surprised if it's a girl! :) And it appears most people who read this blog think it's a boy too (but the results are skewed because my dear friend Katie has voted boy multiple times!!)
We have a full and exciting weekend with Jamey and Dana coming in town for a shower for Dana and an engagement party for the 2 of them. We can't wait to see them, to meet some of Dana's family, and simply to celebrate their coming marriage!
And then off to the hospital Monday morning to have our baby!!!! We'll post the news and pictures as soon as we're able! :)
4 comments:
Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!
so many fun things!! praying that it's a good weekend, and can't wait to hear the news on Monday! :) (Hope you've survived CPW too!)
Have a great time celebrating this weekend!! And FYI, I stopped voting after I got in trouble:) But I know its a boy!!
can't wait to meet him next week!!
Jon and Debby!! I can't wait to see this little new addition! I hope and pray everything goes well tomorrow! I will be anxiously waiting the news and the first pic! I think it's a boy! So exciting. love to you guys...mary kay, markus, isaiah and sophie!
Post a Comment