Wednesday, July 22, 2009

settling back into life at home

Sarah had a few rough days last week - I think adjusting to the lack of constant entertainment and being stuck with just me and Cora all day. We seem to be back into our normal swing of things now. Since our 1st night home, Sarah has been sleeping in her twin bed. About time! I seriously think she'd have been happy in her crib until she was 5, but our backs were getting really sore from lifting her in and out of it. She's done great in the bed and won't even get up until 1 of us goes to get her! :) And we've moved Cora from the Moses Basket in our room to the crib in the room with Sarah. The 1st night when I went in to get Cora when she cried, Sarah was sitting up in bed. Ever since then, Sarah sleeps right through Cora waking up to eat. Cora seems to be loving the crib - now that she can roll over (she mastered that last week! - a month younger than Sarah did) she likes to sleep on her tummy, which is hard in the Moses basket. I love them being roommates :)

Here are a few pictures of what we've been up to ...

I'm not putting the girls in the room together for nap time because I want Sarah to get a good long nap and not be woken up - and with Cora no longer wanting to sleep in her Moses Basket, she's been napping on the floor in the living room! :) I like the company and to be able to watch her sleep, but I know it won't work forever! So I'm going to put the pack-n-play up in our office so she can nap there. Here she is napping on the floor
such a sweet little face

we must have brought the cool weather home from Maine! :) - we had some AMAZING evenings over the weekend! Can't beat dinner on the deck with dear friends in July!!!
Tilly loves holding babies!
these girls absolutely crack us up together! they both have such strong personalities, which makes us curious how their friendship will progress as they grow up. We sure hope they stay best buds!
sister time!
her bumbo! she loves being able to look around!

1 last random thing - I've started a new blog. While this blog is all about the girls and our family, I joked that my new blog is my selfish blog - 1 that can be about me! I wanted a place where I could chronicle my running. I know I could do this in a journal, but I honestly wouldn't write in as often as I think I will a blog. Who knows how much I'll actually post, but we'll see! And probably no one will read it but me, but that's quite all right!!

2 comments:

Laura Ward said...

Adorable pictures of the girls - Cora's getting cuter by the day! Love the wedding photo of y'all at the top of the blog too. Glad to hear you're settling back in...when things calm down for me in a couple of weeks, I'll come up for a visit!

Lydia said...

wow your brave already putting them together.... I'm still waiting, but maybe once we get into the fall routine. I LOVE all the pics!!!