When we found out Jamey and Dana would be getting married in Connecticut on June 20th, we decided that the girls and I would not come home between the wedding and our family trip to Maine (2 round trips to New England within 2 weeks with a baby and toddler? NO THANKS! Spending 3+ weeks in New England in the summer, YES PLEASE!!) Obviously I was not complaining! I just wish Jon could have been with us the whole time - but he had to fly home to work for 10 days :( That was the only bummer.
After a week in Connecticut, we drove to Maine. Mom came with me, and spent 2 nights and 1 full day in Maine. I love that she got to see where we go each summer! Jon's parents were already there, so we joined them at Munasca (the name of the house Jon's family has been renting for over 30 years). It was such a treat to have over 2 weeks in 1 of my favorite spots!! The girls and I both enjoyed getting to spend extra time with Jon's parents, who we simply don't get to see enough. Our 13-year-old nephew was also there, which was a ton of fun. Not only did Sarah LOVE playing with Seth (and he was beyond sweet with her!), but I really enjoyed getting to know him better. Usually he's off with all the other cousins, but since none of them were around that 1st week, he had no choice but to talk to me!! :) He's such a great kid!
The weather this year was mostly wet, cold, and foggy. I wasn't complaining though - especially when Jon would text me saying it was 95+ at home! I'll take rain and fog any day over that!!! Often we'd be in pants and long sleeves all day. We had a fire in the fire place every night but 2 or 3, and a few days ALL day long! I even ran in a long sleeve shirt a few times! Wow I was spoiled! I could seriously get used to a long New England vacation every summer ... not a likely reality though.
Like last year, we spent the night at our dear friends', Tim & Jess, in PA on the way home. Sarah and their 3 year old, Brooke, played so well together. Oh how we wish we lived closer to them.
Of course there are way too many pictures but I simply couldn't delete any more. I always marvel at the uniqueness of this vacation. I love that Jon and his siblings grew up doing this, and now everyone continues to come, every summer, with all their kids - the family is up to 23 now!!! Beaches in Maine are VERY different from what I grew up going to in South Carolina and Florida - but I quickly grew to love Maine beaches. The beauty and uniqueness of the Maine coast is striking. So if you're up for it, here are a LOT of pictures ...
After a week in Connecticut, we drove to Maine. Mom came with me, and spent 2 nights and 1 full day in Maine. I love that she got to see where we go each summer! Jon's parents were already there, so we joined them at Munasca (the name of the house Jon's family has been renting for over 30 years). It was such a treat to have over 2 weeks in 1 of my favorite spots!! The girls and I both enjoyed getting to spend extra time with Jon's parents, who we simply don't get to see enough. Our 13-year-old nephew was also there, which was a ton of fun. Not only did Sarah LOVE playing with Seth (and he was beyond sweet with her!), but I really enjoyed getting to know him better. Usually he's off with all the other cousins, but since none of them were around that 1st week, he had no choice but to talk to me!! :) He's such a great kid!
The weather this year was mostly wet, cold, and foggy. I wasn't complaining though - especially when Jon would text me saying it was 95+ at home! I'll take rain and fog any day over that!!! Often we'd be in pants and long sleeves all day. We had a fire in the fire place every night but 2 or 3, and a few days ALL day long! I even ran in a long sleeve shirt a few times! Wow I was spoiled! I could seriously get used to a long New England vacation every summer ... not a likely reality though.
Like last year, we spent the night at our dear friends', Tim & Jess, in PA on the way home. Sarah and their 3 year old, Brooke, played so well together. Oh how we wish we lived closer to them.
Of course there are way too many pictures but I simply couldn't delete any more. I always marvel at the uniqueness of this vacation. I love that Jon and his siblings grew up doing this, and now everyone continues to come, every summer, with all their kids - the family is up to 23 now!!! Beaches in Maine are VERY different from what I grew up going to in South Carolina and Florida - but I quickly grew to love Maine beaches. The beauty and uniqueness of the Maine coast is striking. So if you're up for it, here are a LOT of pictures ...
No comments:
Post a Comment