If you love dogs, especially labs, you
must read this book -
Marley & Me by John Grogan. The Preface made me cry, I'm sure the ending will as well, but from chapter 1 on I have laughed out loud HARD at least on every other page. It is too funny! I bought it on our date night at Barnes & Noble last night, and more than likely will have it finished by tomorrow. Few books have ever made me laugh this hard (Bill Bryson's
A Walk in the Woods is the only other 1 I can think of). For all of you who know our dog Mattie, you know she is a bit energetic (ok, that's an understatement). Marley is Mattie times 50! I'll post an addendum to this once I finish the book!
2 comments:
We got the book for my mom for Christmas and after she read it, we passed it around the family. It is so good and perfect for dog owners, especially Lab owners! Enjoy!! :)
great minds think alike. :o) "marley & me" is next on my to-read list! when i first went to our vet (whom i also love) and they found out i was getting a lab puppy, they told me it is a must-read. i read the preface on amazon.com, and it made me tear up.
we're finding that seamus has MAD energy like his mama!
Post a Comment