Saturday, August 2, 2008

catching up

I really need to do a better job of posting more frequently so the posts can be shorter! Warning - this is long with LOTS of pictures!!

I just have to point this out - Sarah's ponytail is longer than mine!!
























Last weekend, we had the LOOP reunion here at our house - "LOOP" is the nickname of Jon's group of friends from when he taught school in Vienna. Pretty much every time Carole is back in the States, the group joins up for a weekend. We REALLY missed Ember and Mary Kay this year! Our camera battery died, so I missed a lot of the group shots, but I did get a few pictures. On the Saturday, we went down to Coolidge Park and walked on the Bridge. We don't see these friends that often, so it's always a treat to get together - and to marvel at how big all the kids are getting!!

It was Sarah's 1st time on the Carousel and in the Fountain. I tried to set her on one of the horses, but she was way to nervous - so we rode in the chariot. She loved playing in the fountain!




This was hilarious - on Friday night we ate pizza - and Jenny had her girls take their shirts off to avoid pizza stains ... a few minutes later, Sarah started tugging at her shirt. So we took it off as well (thus the picture below of post dinner video watching - why put a shirt back on if it's almost time for PJs?) But for the next several days, at EVERY meal, Sarah would tug at her shirt wanting it off! We haven't given in and I think the desire is fading!


Last Monday, several friends that I grew up with all got together at the pool. It's always hard to catch up when we're all chasing kids in various directions, but it was still fun! Check out Beth's blog for a group photo. This is 1 of the only ones I got - Sarah drinking from a straw, not realizing she doesn't need to tip the cup up like a sippy cup.


With having 6 extra people sleep at our house last weekend, we did some rearranging for everyone to fit. Sarah loved the process of putting everything back together! Since then, one of her favorite things to do is play on a futon mattress in the basement - she does somersaults and just rolls around giggling. It is too funny! - and a great way for her to be entertained while I do laundry and clean up from the dogs.


It has been HOT here lately. Sarah sweats A LOT. Look at this ... just sitting on the desk eating a snack, she's dripping.


I took this picture when she was playing on the futon in the basement - you can tell from her grin how much fun she's having. And she looks so big to me in this picture.

And finally, a thanks to my husband :) I often complain to Jon that my brain is shrinking - I know, sounds crazy. But seriously, I read "Go Dog Go" and books like that all day long; by bed time I'm normally way to exhausted to read anything that makes me think. So I'd been saying I wanted to get Scrabble for us to play in the evenings to stimulate so brain flow ... so the other day Jon came home with it. He kicks my tale every time, but it has been fun!

No comments: