Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day!

These holidays are a bit cheesy in my opinion ... but a good opportunity to "public" praise the Fathers in my life!

Watching Jon be a "papa" to Sarah has made me love him even more. He is amazing with her. 1 of my favorite things is hearing Sarah's giggles as Jon tickles her and plays other games. He has an amazing balance of discipline and gentleness and love. And she adores him. It's so evident and so beautiful! Jon and I are also incredibly blessed with dads of our own - who we love, respect, and look up to. We have so much to learn from them! They (along with our moms) are some of the greatest role models in our lives.

I've been sobered this weekend in the sudden death of Tim Russert. Jon's Uncle David died the same way 3.5 years ago. I think of Russert's son Luke and pray for him - he just graduated from college and now is facing life without his dad. You never want anyone to have to go through the heart wrenching experience of suddenly loosing someone close. I pray with all my heart that the Lords protects those close to us. Yet I also rest in the fact that our Almighty Father has grace beyond grace and love beyond love, and grants us what we need for whatever He brings our way.

All that to say this Father's Day, I am thankful for the dads in our life, and sobered by the fact that it is a gift that we have our dads still in our lives.

On a final note, I always loved watching Tim Russert and will miss his presence on the air!

No comments: