Sunday, June 22, 2008

Atlanta!

For Father's Day I gave Jon 4 tickets to a Braves game. So we headed to Atlanta yesterday, and met up with our friends Toby and Elizabeth at their house (they have 1 of our puppies, so it was fun to see the little guy again) and then headed to the game. Jon and I were amazing by their kids, Ada and Machen! They sat calmly and still, and eventually fell asleep! Sarah would have been all over the place ... so she stayed home with Grams and Pops. Jon has been friends with them since college, but we had never spent time together as married couples. It was so fun!!!



(at the end of the game, this guy was push mowing on the field - you're kidding right??!)

such precious kids and amazing sports!

The Braves rallied in the bottom of the 8th and won in the bottom of the 9th - so it was an exciting ending to a not exciting game! The craziest thing was running into my friend Lydia in the concession stand line! :)

Before we had Sarah, we seemed to get to Atlanta at least a few times a year, and would always use Priceline.com to get a nice, cheap hotel room. Since mom and dad had Sarah for the night, we decided to try our old trick and got a great deal on a hotel. It was such a treat! - especially seeing 8:50am on the clock when I woke up!! :)

4 comments:

lydia said...

it was really fun to see you! we should have snagged a picture! walk this week?

T and B Rowe said...

looks like fun times. the guy pushing the lawn mower made me laugh. he just looks odd, for some reason. :)

Anonymous said...

not fair...both of my sisters get to hang out with you??

Anonymous said...

Lauda led me to this blog site. I think of you often. So thrilled to catch up. I'd loved to give you my scoop on life. email: apwalton@comcast.net. I still smile at my meeting you in Ireland. How great is yor life now?! allison Walton