Friday, October 9, 2009

what we've been up to ...

Bare with me ... this will be a longer than usual post. I've got some catching up to do! :)

Solid foods ... Cora has been eating solids for almost 2 weeks now. She was quite apprehensive at first but is doing better. She likes her plain baby oatmeal, has gotten used to pears, but still spits out bananas. Often we both need a bath when she's finished. In all honesty, I'm not a big fan of this stage - the learning to eat stage. I'm just anal and don't like a mess and a baby learning to eat is MESSY! Oh well :) Here are a few pictures of Cora eating ... the 1st 2 are from the very 1st time we gave her food and you can tell she is not too sure of it!

at this point, she's good about opening her mouth for the next bite - you just never know if the bite will stay in her mouth or come right back out

We had friends over recently - Ada was hilarious! She kept going after Cora with her mouth wide open - not sure if she wanted to kiss Cora or eat her!! Carli and I sure hope these 2 become great friends as they are only a few months apart!

New shoes - okay, if someone could please invent socks that do not come off a baby's foot - that would be amazing! I have been unable to keep ANYTHING on Cora's feet which will become much more of an issue as it cools off. I stumbled across these shoes and was so excited about them! (Cora is sporting them below) They are precious and SUCH a good deal for handcrafted leather shoes! Our only problem is that Cora is fascinated by them - she gets a wild look in her eye as soon as I put them on her and immediately attempts to pull them off - as soon as she is successful, straight in her mouth they go. Sigh. This child's feet may freeze this winter!


Sarah dressed up for Hillbilly Hootenanny day at school!

(scrunching her nose just like Mama)

Cora bouncing away in her jumper - she loves it!!

Sarah came out of out room the other day wearing my cowboy boots! Hilarious!

Here I am with 3 of my cross-country girls at our race last weekend.

As crazy and hard as this Fall has been trying to balance everything, I truly love the girls and guys on the team and am so thankful for the role I am able to play in their lives.

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

so cute....i love all the pictures, especially the one of sarah dressed up in her overalls. adorable little girls :)

Laura Ward said...

Catching up on my blog reading - the girls are getting so big & cuter than ever! When things calm down with xc (and assuming my schedule calms down), let's get together!