Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Colorado

Jon & I just got back from a GREAT trip to Colorado! Back in October for Jon's birthday, I secretly planned a ski trip for him with our good friends, Bob & Ginny. We flew out Wednesday morning, & headed up to Bob & Ginny's condo in Winter Park. We spent Thursday in Breckenridge with our cousins who live there - it was so fun to see them & get a taste of their life in Breck! 3 other cousins had planned a trip out the exact weekend as us, so Jon had a blast skiing with Dan, Will, Will, & Cartter!! Friday & Saturday, Jon & Bob skied Winter Park. Bob is in incredible shape & Jon ... well between the altitude & not being in the best of shape ... sure did enjoy trying to keep up! Sunday, the guys decided to cross country ski, so Ginny & I snowshoed. I'd always wanted to try both, but figured trying to balance on cross country skis while this pregnant wasn't smart. Snowshoeing was a lot of fun though! We got about 6 inches of snow Sunday night, so they skied 1 last day on Monday before we flew home on the red eye Monday night (left Denver at 1:15am Tuesday morning ... miserable!)

While Jon skied, I spent some time with Ginny, watched movies, read, walked around Winter Park, & simply relaxed. It was SO refreshing!! I feel so much more energized as we get ready for baby #2. I've been back at the rearrange/organizing already! :)

But wow did we miss Sarah! This was the longest we'd ever left her. Of course she had a BLAST with my parents! She's been so cuddly since we've back - it's so sweet!

Here are Colorado pictures


And our sweet Sarah! So glad to be back with you baby! :) We've had a lot of fun playing outside in this warm weather we're having ...

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I was wondering why Sarah was at the 8:10 church nursery?! :) Reagan enjoyed having her to play with b/c the only other kid there that early is LeeLee - and she was sick.

Thanks for the crib advice and yes, I would love to go to the CDM together! R will only last an hour or so..... but I'm free whenever!