Friday, January 30, 2009

We have a book called "Nellie" that is set in a town right down the road from where we go in Maine every summer. Sarah's been really into it lately and the other day I mentioned that we'd go to Maine this summer ... oh wow has she latched onto that! Of course she has no concept of how far off "summer" is and literally 5-10 times a day she looks at me and says "Go Maine summer?" And then rattles off all we'll do and see - "play sand, toes in ocean, see lobster boats, sail boats, see seagulls, cousins in Maine!" Every time we get in the car she asks if we're going to Maine. I wonder if she'll keep this up until July?!
Another funny thing she's doing lately is stripping down in her crib when she wakes up in the morning - we often go in to get her to find her totally naked - pj's AND diaper off! And typically she's quite cold since we keep our house on the chilly side. She's a nut.
Last Sarah story - we've weened her of her "bunny and plug" (plug = pacifier) expect for nap, bed, and sometimes car. She knows when we get her out of her crib that she has to leave them in. Last week I told her we could cuddle and then we were all done cuddling, she'd need to put bunny and plug back in her crib - so now almost every day after her nap she asks to cuddle. I know it's purely for the sake of keeping bunny and plug a bit longer, but I love it - she so rarely cuddles because she's so busy and active, so I'll take what I can get!

No comments: