Monday, February 23, 2009

Aunt Betty turns 100!

Aunt Betty is like another grandmother to us/great grandmother to Sarah. She's my mom's aunt, so my great aunt and Sarah's great great aunt. She turned 100 years old today. Pretty mind blowing. Her older brother was my Papa - he died about 3 months before his 100th birthday. How about those genes in the family?! I sure hope I look as good as her if I make it to 100!! We celebrated with a girls lunch at Southside Grill. Yummy! And hats off to Sarah who handled it all so well - with lunch starting as she normally goes down for a nap. She definitely was exhausted by the end - she crawled up into my lap and said, "Nigh night, Mama sing?" - that was my cue to head home! :)

the birthday girl!

Aunt Betty and her nieces (Mom & her 2 sisters, Patty & Nancy)

Sarah & Patty Ann with Aunt Betty (Sarah was eyeing the chocolate cake BIG time!!)

No comments: