Jon and I saw Marley & Me on Saturday night (thanks Mom and Dad for keeping Sarah so we could go on a date!) It's definitely a good, funny, real life movie. From what I've gathered from our thoughts and others, if you've read the book like I have, you think the movie is good but the book is better. If you haven't read the book, like Jon, you think it's a really good movie. Regardless, I'd recommend it. Having 2 insane labs ourselves makes the movie all the funnier ... and makes us realize our dogs aren't that bad.Last night, the dogs were being so calm and peaceful on their beds, and Jon made the comment "in a couple of years they'll both calm down a lot" - A COUPLE YEARS?! was my initial reaction. Part me looks forward to them being old ... deep down I know it'll be so sad to see our lively dogs in that state but it sure is a welcoming thought right now.
Isla has figured out how to jump the fence and escape our backyard. It's a real pain. Being so close to the main road, we don't feel like we can let them run free. It was working so well with our HUGE fenced in yard. Now we're at a loss as to what to do. Please don't call animal control - but I've honestly been tempted to get the BB gun out to disciple Isla. I haven't done it and hopefully won't :) I have to remind myself constantly that she is ONLY 10 months old. She's such a puppy still! It's easy to forget that when she is bigger than Mattie! She will calm down, as Mattie is calming down. 2 dogs is simply A LOT.
So there are our own dog woes!
4 comments:
i read the book and want to see the movie.... but i can't talk Robbie into going with me :( anna doens't want to go either...
I have wondered whether the movie will be disappointing after reading the book, but it sounds like it's still enjoyable. So sorry about Isla!! :( Gotta love them, but they really do take a lot of work. I remember us pulling our hair out when Lilah was a puppy - we'd gotten used to Samson's more well-mannered 2 year old behavior! I'll pray for patience, and less inclination for jumping. :)
so funny to read about isle escaping from the backyard. we are in the midst of the same behavior trouble with her brother! initially, django was just getting into the next door neighbor's yard to play with their beagle, but then found a way out of their yard and was gone for 2 long days. the kids and i prayed for him constantly and finally discovered that animal control had picked him up, so.... a fifty dollar reclaim fee later and we are keeping him inside unless we are out and about with him. let me know when (if???) y'all find a solution. the up side is that wondering were he was for 2 days forced me to admit how much i love him and missed having him around (especially when i actually had to clean up under the table after meals!)
it looks like a great movie - thanks for the recommendation.
btw, i may go to spain in april with your mom. very excited about that.
Post a Comment