During the Fall cross-country season, I was away most Saturdays at races so Jon and Sarah had extra special Papa-Sarah days. After breakfast and a bit of play time, they'd head out ... Starbucks always being stop #1, and then typically on to Home Depot or Lowes for Jon to get things he needed and Sarah smell flowers in the garden section ... or they'd go to other random places. Since the season has ended, Jon has continued this tradition. I love it! Both that he and Sarah continue to have this special time together, and it gives me a quiet morning at home. Beautiful!!!
This morning they were going to Babies R Us to take advantage of a 2 day special of buy 2 boxes of diapers and get a $15 gift card and then on to Circuit City to see what deals he can find with the company liquidating. Having down time this morning is especially nice ... Sarah fought a cold for over a week, and thankful it never got bad, but Jon and I both caught it. He's feeling mostly better, but as of last night I have laryngitis. Sarah's having a hard time understanding why I can only whisper and why I'm not reading books to her. She keeps looking at me saying "Mama all done sick" - I wish!! :)
This is a random slide show of pictures from the past month that I've wanted to post.
I also wanted to comment on our dogs ... Mattie and Isla have been spending a lot more time in the house, which is making them more relaxed. There are plenty of times I still want to grab the BB gun, but I truly do love these dogs. And I LOVE that Sarah loves dogs! Almost to a fault, she has NO FEAR of dogs. A funny side note - we had to switch their collars because Isla's was too big and Mattie's was getting too small, so we've caught ourselves scolding Mattie when we should be scolding Isla - and Mattie just looks at us totally confused as if saying "WHAT have I done???" We did buy a shock collar as well for Isla - we have a remote and can give her a warning buzz or shock her. I haven't used it a ton because it's been so dang cold here that we've hardly been outside, but we plan to try to train her not to jump the fence with it. We'll see how it goes!
1 comment:
I haven't checked the blog in a while - sorry you've been sick! Strangely enough, I got the same thing, and I'm still trying to get my voice back. Not fun. :( When we're both healthy again, let's hang out - I miss you & Sarah and the dogs!
Post a Comment