Monday, April 28, 2008

New Furniture (!!!) and "Mini Mama"

After 3.5 years of waiting and wanting, we finally have new living room furniture!!! Good bye to the worn out, frayed, hand-me-down couch and camping chairs! I'm going to attempt to not be psycho any time anyone gets near it - I want it to stay brand new. Yeah right with a 1 year old and 2 dogs (yes, we plan to keep a puppy to bring our house total to 2 dogs and 2 cats - at least the cats stay outside). I wish I could check peoples hands and rumps before they touch or sit ... but that would fall under psycho. :) I still need to work on arranging some things, and we have some things to hang on the walls as soon as Jon builds frames, but wow, what an improvement!!! (I was so excited to take pictures that I didn't even cut the tags off 1st)The old couch is gracing our dining room for a few days - we have to move our old old couch out of the basement to our rental house (YES - we are FINALLY done with our house and have 4 girls moving in it in August) and then move the old couch to the basement. I want to transform our basement into a guest room and play room.

The combination of newness and Jon's parents coming this weekend has motivated me to clean our house extra well. Poor Jon! At least having new furniture to sit on is helping me relax since it's so fun to sit and enjoy it!

Changing topics - on Sunday, I put Sarah's hair in a ponytail for the 1st time. It was too cute!!! I sent her to show Jon and his comment was "Mini Mama" because my hair is always in a ponytail.I absolutely love this sleeping position ...

5 comments:

Laura Ward said...

I love the new furniture - it looks so good in your living room! Hooray! :) I noticed Sarah's hair was up on Sunday and it looked really cute; I guess being around the puppies distracted me and I forgot to mention it. Happy cleaning this week!

Mama Cobb said...

The furniture looks fantastic! Isn't it extra wonderful since you waited so long?? :) Also, E sleeps just like that, and I love it too.

T and B Rowe said...

love the chair fabric. congrats on new furniture - bet if feels nice. :)

em said...

i love your new furniture, debs! :o) josh & i just bought our first piece of furniture together--a couch for the living room. isn't it fun?

Unknown said...

love the new furniture and the ponytail!!