Monday, September 28, 2009

overnight cross-country trip

We had our 1st overnight xc trip of the season on Friday/Saturday. Since I can't leave Cora overnight yet, Jon and the girls came along. It was great having them, and the girls were excellent travellers.

We put headphones on Sarah for the 1st time and it was a hit. Soon after I took the 1st picture, she fell asleep to her Praise Baby music. She also wore headphones to watch her dvd so the rest of us didn't have to listen as well. We may have created a monster! :)


Cora did so well - hardley made a peep the whole trip!
Cecil, our driver, has a granddaughter Sarah's age and so he was thrilled to have our girls along. And Sarah loved him!! He let her "drive" the bus!

She was cracking people up on the way home while she played with my cell phone - 1st saying she was texting, and then she pretend to call Grandma and Grandpa, held the phone to her ear for a minute, and then shut it saying "Hmm, they didn't answer."

2 comments:

Barby said...

I notice MamaSarah wrapped up her baby and gave her a plug before plugging in her headphones. What a 3-year-old!!

Tiff said...

Genius move! Apparently my car has the headphones-so-the-parents-can-chill-to-their-own-tunes option and I've never figured it out. You've inspired me for the next trip...

BTW, we met at the park and I saw your comment on Beth's blog...