Thursday, September 10, 2009

I love the baby stage where they can sit up but still are not mobile. It's appearing that Cora may skip that stage. How is that possible??!! It's hard to tell in this picture because her outfit is too big, but she gets up on her hands and knees and does the pre-crawl rock back and forth. When she sees something she wants, she can wiggle and scoot herself to get it. It's crazy! We've moved from a playmat to a bigger blanket to 2 huge beach towels. The 2nd picture is the story of every day - a million times a day I am moving her back onto the towels :)
This was a beautiful moment. I was attempting to fold laundry that had been sitting in the laundry basket for 2+ days and was so wrinkled that I was tempted to rewash it when Sarah decided to climb up on the bed to be nearer to Cora and join the action. Sarah preceded to read to Cora, and Cora was absolutely mesmerized by her sister ... and I was able to actually fold the laundry AND be spending time with both my girls! WOW! What a moment! :)
Cross-country is in full swing and our lives are C-R-A-Z-Y. I am really trying to protect MWF mornings to simply be with the girls. Yet with a job that follows me home and seems constant, it is HARD. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Sarah goes to MDO and she is absolutely loving it! Cora comes with me to the office during that time. For practice, every afternoon is different - Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday I have 3 different Covenant girls who do their practical service for me baby sit the girls at the house. Wednesday and Friday, they go to Moms. We are in the 2nd week of this and I feel like I am beginning to come up for air as we adjust to this routine. I am more forgetful than ever (yesterday as I pulled out of the driveway, I thought to myself, now where am I going? - oh yes - to PICK UP SARAH - oh yikes) as I seek to balance this all. And I will say, the fact that my family is not starving is a miracle in and of itself. I can't recall what we've eaten in the last month, but some how I've managed to keep our bellies full.
All that to say, my posts may be sporadic and who knows if they will be even remotely coherent over these next 2 months - but I'll try!!! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i'm very impressed with you and think you're doing a great job juggling everything!