Tuesday, August 25, 2009

1st day of school

I'd planned on taking a picture to document her first day of "school" ... but between getting home at 7:30am from morning cross-country practice, to getting both girls ready, and everything in between, I didn't think about the picture until we were driving out the driveway. Sigh.

Sarah seemed a bit apprehensive when we first arrived, but grinned ear to ear as she walked in her classroom. It's a great group of kids. Last year, she was 1 of the very oldest and biggest. This year, she's jumped a class and is now on the younger end. I think she is going to love it! When I picked her up this afternoon, she was sitting on the floor reading a book. She looked up and saw me and said, "I'm going to read 2 books, Mom, and then I'll come see you." I guess I missed her more than she missed me! (on another note - she's calling me Mom a lot instead of Mama - it's funny - but I miss the sweetness of Mama)

So day 1 seemed to be a hit :)

1 comment:

Reg said...

When I drop off Cecelia I'm lucky to even get a bye! It still kills me that I have a first grader and Aidan starts preschool on Tuesday and I'm sure he'll be the same way. I know I should be glad that they have the confidence to walk into school but sometimes I miss the days they needed me a little more...