Tuesday, November 4, 2008

recent pictures

Last week it was COLD (which I love!) I realized I need to get Sarah a new jacket - this one is getting a bit short. This picture is from 1 morning last week headed to "school."
Collecting sticks is serious business :)
fun in the swing
wearing Mama's hat
Halloween was a bit humorous. By the time I got home from practice, and put together a quick dinner, it was already almost 7pm. So we quick got Sarah dressed, I managed to squeeze myself into my Carhart overalls, and Jon pulled out his "buck teeth" and we headed to my parents to do a 1 stop deal ... yet they weren't home. We were on fumes with gas, but the station up here was out of gas - so we headed down the mountain to fill up. We wanted to stop at atleast 1 house so we stopped by my aunt and uncle's - yet they weren't home either! So with an exhausted child, we did stop by 1 friends' house and then got her home to bed. Luckily she didn't know what she missed and we plan to put a bit more effort into trick or treating next year. The saddest part is that we didn't get a family picture or even a good picture of Sarah. These give you the idea. She sure looked cute!!
Saturday night we celebrated Jon's birthday and our niece, Allison's birthday with Rob and Liza and Joel and Katie and all the kids. Again, I did a horrible job of taking pictures! Here are the guys squinting into the sun, enjoying Jon's homemade salsa (it's GOOD!)
Sarah and Tilly on the bench
Sunday we enjoyed the PERFECT weather and changing leaves and took a walk on the property. I love Fall!!
So that's a hodge-podge of what's been going on lately!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

darn. i missed Jon's buck teeth :) Sorry! I totally could have taken a family picture for you!!!!! bummer!

em said...

sarah looked SO cute in her halloween outfit! :o)

is that mattie or isla jumping into the water? seamus absolutely loves the water now. we gave him a bath last night, and i don't think he even minded at all.

Joel and Katie said...

Love the pic of Sarah wearing your hat....she is such a beauty!