Tim (he and his wife Jess spent the weekend in Boston with us) wrote a great version of their day of spectating with Jon as I ran the Boston Marathon. Needless to say, they had a very different day than I did as they sought to navigate Boston and the T system along with 1/2 million other people! I wish they had a video camera to capture their day because the stories sure made me laugh! Click here to read Tim's account.
Lots of people have asked me if I'm enjoying a break from running. My body has enjoyed a bit of rest, yes, but I miss it! I've run 4 times since Boston, and have felt better each time. 9 miles on Saturday felt great! This week, I am getting back into my normal routine of 4 days a week. I've realized how much I value the time alone and it's a great emotional outlet. I've always joked that it's healthier for our marriage if I run ... and I really believe it's true!! I'm going to run a few local races in the next few weeks, which I'm really looking forward to.
I'll post pictures soon. Jon's parents left today after a great 5 day visit! We're so glad that Sarah got to have some good Grandma and Grandpa time! His Mom picked out some absolutely beautiful flowers to plant in our 3 big barrel planters. I love it! I'll take some pictures.
the ‘mill
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment