Pictures to come soon, but the weekend was a blast and I was really happy with how I did. My goal was to qualify for the Boston Marathon - which for my age group is running under 3:40:59. I ran 3:33:32 and was the 9th place woman! So now the big debate is whether or not we're going to make the trip for me to run in the Boston Marathon on April 21. I feel like it's an opportunity not to pass up! If we do decide to go up, I definitely want to run a slower marathon with the hope of not being so incredibly sore afterwards. Jon joked with me Sunday night on the trip home that I was mush from head to toe. From the neck down, I'm sore. Stairs are the worst. But it was worth it!!
A highlight was passing my cousin, Susan, around mile 24 for me. The marathon was raising money to fight breast cancer, and Susan is a breast cancer SURVIVOR (we praise God for that!!!). She walked the half marathon, and it was such an inspiration to see her during those last HARD miles. Those who know Susan know she has an amazing voice that really carries, and so her cheers where incredible! :)
As I said, I'll post pictures soon with more details.
the ‘mill
9 years ago
3 comments:
YAY Debby!! Way to go - I am so impressed! And I'm so glad you had fun too. :)
very impressive!
Very impressed, Debs! And I think my 10k in April is big...you GO girl!
Go get a massage!!!
Post a Comment