We've been here a week now. All in all, we're amazingly settled. Of course the house is still a mess and our front landing outside still has a vacuum cleaner, Christmas tree stand, baby gate, axe, half used bag of potting soil, and all the bungee cords that helped us get everything here. I'm sure our neighbors fear where the type of people that "collect" things in our front yard. We have less storage space so I'm needing to get creative in finding things a home. Everything but the books have been unpacked.
The animals seem to be adapting well. The cats appear quite happy and unfazed by the new locale. Mattie has become more of an outdoor dog because there is a huge fenced in area. She's getting used to it! She went into heat yesterday, so she is completely banned right now. We're planning on trying 1 more time to breed her.
We love the hardwood floors and wall color - no more white linoleum and floral wallpaper! We're especially enjoying our short commutes and Jon has been home for lunch most days. Sarah and I love that!!
Last Friday night, the night before our move ... Sarah got the throw up bug. Perfect timing. Everything extra was packed, and the washer and dryer had been unplugged. So, instead of crawling into bed at 10:30pm, Jon plugged back in the washer and dryer to wash Sarah's bedding and clothes (because as I said, we had nothing extra). I wrapped her up in a blanket, had a bucket ready and waiting, and we watched Shrek 3. The bucket got plenty of use, but she seemed to be over it by the time her stuff was dry and we headed back to bed. Or I headed to bed. Jon, being the amazing Papa that he is, sat in a chair and watched Sarah sleep for 3 hours to make sure she didn't choke if she started to throw up again. (he really is an amazing dad and 1 of my favorite things is seeing Sarah's excitment when she sees his truck drive down the drive way)
The virus she has causes her to throw up very sporadically. She'll be fine for 50-60 hours, and then throw up again. We keep thinking it's over, but nope. Maybe this morning was her finale. The doctor said it should last about a week. It's been quite a first week in our new house.
Here are some pictures:
After living in a pasture for 2 years, I LOVE having trees in the yard! This big tree by our front door is my favorite. It was a great swing, and we have a swing for Sarah that we need to hang up.
2 angles of our dinning room
living room (with new furniture coming soon)
Sarah and I spent some time yesterday afternoon in the swing. She loves it - but her highlight was when our cat, Rory, joined us. I tell you, he is a great cat - sitting there letting her pet him, rubbing up against her - so cute!
In between throw ups, Sarah has been her happy normal self. Yesterday she woke up from her nap all giggles!
1 comment:
The house looks so good with furniture in it - I love how your beautiful dishes stand out against all the wood in the dining room! I'll have to come by soon and see it for myself. Sorry about Sarah - I'm praying she's 100% better!
Post a Comment